Kinantan Wildlife and Cultural Park, better known as the Bukittinggi Zoo, is one of the zoos on the island of Sumatra, located on top of Bukit Cubadak Bungkuak, Bukittinggi, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
The Kinantan Wildlife and Cultural Park is also one of the oldest zoos in Indonesia, and the only one in West Sumatra, with the most complete collection of animals on the island of Sumatra.
The zoo was built by the Dutch East Indies government in the 1900s, with the name Stormpark (Flower Garden). The construction of this zoo was designed by Gravenzande, Controleur Dutch who served in the city of Bukittinggi at that time. At the beginning of its development, the Wildlife Park and Kinantan Culture were only in the form of parks that did not have a collection of animals, then some collections of animals began to be incorporated into the park, and then in 1929 on July 3 this park was made a zoo named Fort De Kocksche Dieren Bukittinggi Park or Zoo by Dr. J. Hock.
In 1935, in the zoo area, Baanjuang Traditional Houses (Gadang House) were built with elongated maharam elephants, which had 9 rooms with platforms on the right and left.
Then again, there was a change of name from Fort De Kocksche Dieren Park to Puti Bungsu Park. And in 1995 through regional regulation No. 2 In 1995 there was also a change of name from the Puti Bungsu Park to the Kinantan Wildlife and Cultural Park.