Candi Agung is a site of a roofed Hindu temple located in the Malang River area, Central Amuntai sub-district, Amuntai City, South Kalimantan. Around the temple found ironwood poles and broken tiles.
This temple is estimated to be a legacy of the Kingdom of Dipa, whose existence was contemporary with the Majapahit Kingdom.
The Great Temple in Amuntai is a legacy of the Kingdom of the Dipa State which was built by the XIV century Empu Jatmika. From this kingdom finally gave birth to the Kingdom of Daha in the State and the Sultanate of Banjarmasin. According to the story, the Hindu Kingdom of Negara Dipa was established in 1438 at the intersection of three watersheds namely the Tabalong river, Balangan river, and Negara river. The forerunner of the Banjar Kingdom was ruled by Maharaja Suryanata and Putri Junjung Buih with the head of government Patih Lambung Mangkurat. The Dipa State then developed into the City of Amuntai.
In 1967 in the city of Amuntai, when an archaeological site was held, people found temple grounds and archaeological objects. The excavated place is called the resident of Gunung Candi (Bukit Candi) and the temple is basically called the Great Temple. According to the story of the people who lived there the Great Temple was built by Mpu Jatmika.
The building area of the Great Temple is 40 m x 50 m.