The museum was founded during the reign of Pakubuwono IX by Kanjeng Raden Adipati Sosrodiningrat IV at the Kepatihan dalem on October 28, 1890. Kanjeng Raden Adipati Sosrodiningrat IV once served as Patih Pakubuwono IX and Pakubuwono X. The museum was then moved to its current location, Radyapustaka Museum Building on Jalan Slamet Riyadi, Surakarta, on January 1, 1913. At that time the museum building was the residence of a Dutchman named Johannes Busselaar.
Radya Museum Library is not under the auspices of the Antiquities Service or the Regional Government Tourism Office but is a foundation status. The foundation was named the Surakarta Paheman Radyapustaka Foundation and was formed in 1951. Then for the day-to-day task of establishing the presidium the first time in 1966 was known by Go Tik Swan or also known as K.R.T. Hardjonagoro.
GEOTOURISM GUIDE NEWSLETTER
Stay Informed Of Upcoming Activities. Sign Up Immediately!