The original building housing the museum was built in 1745 by colonial army soldiers in a European (British) style. In 1943, the building was used as an army training centre (still under the control of Japan). Development of the PETA Museum began on 14 November 1993 with the laying of the first stone by the Vice President, Umar Wirahadikusumah. The development took approximately two years and was inaugurated by President Suharto on December 18, 1995. The museum also gives an overview of Indonesia’s independence struggle and preparation to fulfil its independence.
GEOTOURISM GUIDE NEWSLETTER
Stay Informed Of Upcoming Activities. Sign Up Immediately!