Bandung Zoo is one of the natural attractions of flora and fauna in the city of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. Bandung Zoo is located side by side with the campus of the Bandung Institute of Technology and the Cikapundung River. This Bandung Zoo was originally known as Derenten (in Sundanese, dierentuin) which means a zoo. Bandung Zoo was founded in 1930 by Bandung Zoological Park (BZP), which was pioneered by Dennis Bank Director, Hoogland. The ratification of the establishment of the Zoo was won by the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies and its ratification was set forth in the decision of April 12, 1933 No. 32. When Japan took control of this area, this tourist spot was poorly managed, until in 1948, rehabilitation was carried out to restore the function of this tourist place. In 1956, at the initiative of Raden Ema Bratakusumah, Bandung Zoological Park was dissolved and changed to the Tamansari Wildlife Foundation in 1957. The zoo occupies a 13.5 ha land area with undulating topography with 18.25% use for residential areas, 55.20% for landscaping and lesehan, 4.7% for funeral parks and boat ponds, and 2.4% for processing garbage. The rest is used for office buildings, aquarium museums, and roads.
GEOTOURISM GUIDE NEWSLETTER
Stay Informed Of Upcoming Activities. Sign Up Immediately!