It is one of the most modern and well cared for museums. It is located at the southern end of Ijen Boulevard No.25 in Malang City. The Brawijaya Museum was built on May 04th, 1968 by Kolonel Pur. Dr. Soewondo with named “CITTA UTTHAPANA CAKRA”. It means that Fire Spreader of Spirit. This museum has 6825 m2 area space which is divided into two mean area that are show room and office room.
This museum houses momentous, weapons, documents, photographs, battle plans and other. There is “Tank” which is used in Surabaya combat on November 10th, 1945. It is one of the Brawijaya Museum’s collection and it is placed in front of the museum. There is also a weapon of antiaircraft defense that is confiscated by “BKR” on September 1945 from Japanese soldier. “Tank AMP-TRACK” also one of the collection.
We can see the symbol of The Brawijaya Museum in the behind of the building. It is Death Railway which is carried 100 heroes of Indonesia from Bondowoso to Surabaya but almost all our heroes were died just 12 people were safe.