The building which now houses the museum was built in 1900 by a Chinese family as their home. From 1905 until 1920 it was a dormitory for the STOVIA (Medical College for Native Physicians). Half of the students stayed in the STOVIA building and half stayed in this building. After this it became the Indonesische Clubgebouw (Indonesian Club Building). The students who stayed in this building established Langaen Siswo an organisation to play and promote classical Javanese music. From 1934 until 1937 the building was used as a florist shop. From 1934 until 1950 it was Hotel Hersia. From 1954 until 1970 it was used as a customs office. In 1974 it became the Museum Sumpah Permuda (Youth Pledge Museum).
GEOTOURISM GUIDE NEWSLETTER
Stay Informed Of Upcoming Activities. Sign Up Immediately!