The building was built in 1920 following the design of J.F.L. Blankenberg.It is a two-floored, 1,138 m2 Art-Deco-style building over a 3,914 m2 plot of land.[ In 1931, the building was bought by insurance company Jiwasraya. During the Pacific War, the building was used by the British General Consulate. During the occupation of Japan period, the building became the residence of Rear Admiral Tadashi Maeda until the arrival of the Allied on Indonesia in September 1945, when the building was returned to the British.The building was rented by the English Embassy from 1961 until 1981 when the building was given to the Indonesian Department of Education and Culture on December 28, 1981. During the year of 1982, the building was transformed into a state library and then into office building.
GEOTOURISM GUIDE NEWSLETTER
Stay Informed Of Upcoming Activities. Sign Up Immediately!