The building was later sold to Abdul Aziz Al Mussawi al Musa Khadim, a Turkish consul for Batavia. In 1942, the building was sold again to Karel Cristian Cruq.
The building had been used as the headquarters of Barisan Keamanan Rakyat (“Front of People’s Safety”) during the struggle for independence period. In 1947 it was owned by Lie Sion Phin who rented it to the Department of Social Affairs which modified it into an institution for elderly people. Afterwards the building was handed over to the city’s government and on June 28, 1978 it was inaugurated as the Textile Museum by Madame Tien Soeharto.